Tuesday 28 October 2008

Last Week

Ok yet again I'm slightly late but it seems that nowadays that is the norm for me! Anyway did anyone realise that besides Andy Roddick the Top seeds of every other tournament won! Now when have you seen something like that happen! Especially when there were 5 tournaments last week! Anway first off is Geneva. Ok Ivanovic did win but I don't think it is enough to say that she has been doing good this year on the whole, yes this may be a comeback but I don't think she'll get back to Number 1 next year; maybe she'll have a chance in 2010 but not 2009. Anyway bravo to Flavia Pennetta for beating two strong opponents and then doing well against Ivanovic, if she can continue her form she may break the Top 10 next year! Besideds that I've got nothing much more to add here.
Elena won in Luxembourg also and I think I tipped the Semifinalists since the beginning so I'm happy. However It's sad to see how Amelie Mauresmo has seemingly no chance of returning into the Top 10. It seems like I didn't like her when she was good but I like her when she is lying low! Weird isn't it! Anyway I'm also happy for Na Li here as she performed well, hopefully she'll do better next time.
The mens saw Federer win the title but honestly besides the US what large tournament has he won? Anyway enough of that lets move onto Feliciano Lopez - good going for him he got to the Semis! All his matches were so tight! But hopefully he'll move from strength to strength here. Also reading an article saying Wawrinka has a chance of winning and then seeing him lose in the first round was quite comical!
As I said Roddick lost - this time to Soderling! Well there's always next time - wait there's only Paris to go! Gilles SImon is quickly making my Top players, I don't know what it is but I just like him nowadays! But the French must have been happy to see three of the four semifinalists as natives however the winner was Soderling so I guess it was slightly in their faces! I also long to see Gasquet become more consistent - to think that Simon is now No.1 French after so many French guys making headlines this year is truely extraordinary.
Yeah Murray Won! But that seems common this month! However it wasn't enough to cover the loss of Mario Ancic, Dmitry Tursunov, Marat Safin and Mikhail Youzhny all leaving before the QF! The Russians must be fully dissapointed - besides some unknown Russian named Michail Elgin no other Russian made it into the QFs!

No comments: